Richard Roeper's Top Ten Films of 2010

As more and more of my favorite critics release their top films of 2010, I will post them here for everyone to see. I usually agree with Mr. Roeper, as he's one of the best critics out there. He has an open mind and isn't afraid to enjoy a less than popular film every now and then. I've seen six of the films in his top ten and am eagerly waiting to see three of them (not interested in Toy Story 3).

10. Somewhere - Directed by Sofia Coppola. Starring Stephen Dorff.
Coppola (Lost in Translation) is an intriguing director. Apparently this film will rejuvenate Dorff's (Blade, FeardotCom) career.

9. The King's Speech - Directed by Tom Hooper. Starring Colin Firth.
I have little doubt that this film will be amazing. Firth (A Single Man) and Geoffrey Rush (Pirates of the Caribbean) are two fine actors.

8. True Grit (B) - Directed by Joel and Ethan Coen. Starring Jeff Bridges.
While I don't consider it a top ten film, it's still very good. Hailee Steinfeld is sensational.

7. 127 Hours - Directed by Danny Boyle. Starring James Franco.
I can't wait to see this film. Boyle (28 Days Later, Sunshine) is one of the best directors alive.

6. Toy Story 3 - Directed by Lee Unkrich. Starring Tom Hanks.
I'm sure I will see it one day, but I'm in no hurry.

5. The Town (B+) - Directed by Ben Affleck. Starring Ben Affleck.
Affleck's best accomplishment of his career. The best heist film in years.

4. The Kids Are All Right (B) - Directed by Lisa Cholodenko. Starring Julianne Moore.
This is one of the best comedy/dramas of 2010. The performances are all great, especially from Mark Ruffalo (Shutter Island) and Julianne Moore (Magnolia).

3. The Social Network (A) - Directed by David Fincher. Starring Jesse Eisenberg.
My favorite film of 2010. Simply breathtaking.

2. The Fighter (A-) - Directed by David O. Russell. Starring Mark Wahlberg.
One of the best sports films ever made.

1. Inception (A) - Directed by Christopher Nolan. Starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
I'm definitely not going to argue this pick.

Comments

  1. I would put the social network at number 1 in my book. I have yet to see a majority of these films though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 25 Films of the 1990's

Top 100 Actors

Now on DVD