The 68th Golden Globe Awards

Here are the important Golden Globe winners. The Social Network led the way with four wins, while The Kids Are All Right and The Fighter both nabbed two. If this is any indication, it looks like The Social Network will have their way at the Oscars as well. But we shall see. I correctly picked all but four categories, which is much better than last year.

Best Drama: The Social Network
I completely agree, although a case could be made for both Inception and The Fighter.

Best Actress - Drama: Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
I'm planning on seeing this film in the next few days...

Best Actor - Drama: Colin Firth (The King's Speech)
I saw this coming, even though I would've voted for Eisenberg (The Social Network).

Best Comedy/Musical: The Kids Are All Right
I agree 100%. By far the best film out of the five choices.

Best Actress - Comedy/Musical: Annette Bening (The Kids Are All Right)
I actually liked Julianne Moore's performance more, but that's just me.

Best Actor - Comedy/Musical: Paul Giamatti (Barney's Version)
I thought for certain Depp would win, but I'm glad he didn't. Giamatti is underrated.

Best Animated Film: Toy Story 3
Big surprise here (sarcasm).

Best Foreign Film: In a Better World
This was a bit of a shocker to most people.

Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
I think Amy Adams deserved it, but I won't argue Leo. She was way overdue.

Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Finally, Bale wins one of the big awards! He earned this award with his hair-raising performance. He was up against tough competition too (Garfield, Rush, Renner).

Best Director: David Fincher (The Social Network)
No-brainer. Sorry, Nolan.

Best Screenplay: Aaron Sorkin (The Social Network)
Another no-brainer.

Best Original Score: Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (The Social Network)
A bit surprised Hans Zimmer (Inception) didn't win, but this would have been my second guess.

Best Television Series - Drama: Boardwalk Empire
They sure do love new dramas, even if they're just okay.

Best Television Series - Comedy/Musical: Glee
No comment.

Best Mini-Series/Television Movie: Carlos
A bit surprised Temple Grandin didn't win, but Claire Danes deservedly won best actress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 25 Films of the 1990's

Top 100 Actors

Now on DVD