Top 100 Actors

80. Morgan Freeman
He owned the 90's and I think enough time has passed since the release of Dreamcatcher, so I think we can forgive him now.
-Invictus
-The Shawshank Redemption
-Gone Baby Gone

79. Ryan Reynolds
The song "I Swear," will forever be owned by an extremely chubby Ryan Reynolds. Write that down.
-Just Friends
-Van Wilder
-Smokin' Aces

78. Colin Farrell
He's at his very best when he's speaking in his native Irish accent. In Bruges is a film I highly recommend Farrell fans check out.
-Phone Booth
-In Bruges
-Minority Report

77. Johnny Depp
The reason Depp isn't higher is because half his roles are in films I despise. He's a terrific actor who should stop doing PG films and get back to his roots.
-Edward Scissorhands
-Public Enemies
-Donnie Brasco

76. Liam Neeson
He went off in 2009's Taken, and has had a good 2010 as well. Look for Liam to continue his great success.
-Taken
-Darkman
-Batman Begins

75. Samuel L. Jackson
His best years are undoubtedly behind him, otherwise he'd be much higher. I still haven't gotten over his role in the atrocious film The Spirit. I was seriously debating gouging my eyes out.
-Pulp Fiction
-A Time to Kill
-Rules of Engagement

74. Sean Penn
Mr. Penn often takes years off from acting to make the world a better place, which I admire. He put together a very good decade, despite the extremely boring (in my view) Oscar-nominated Milk.
-21 Grams
-Mystic River
-I Am Sam

73. Bruce Willis
The 90's was a great decade for Mr. Willis. However, he hasn't stared in a great film since 2005; and 1999 before that. True story.
-Pulp Fiction
-Sin City
-The Sixth Sense

72. Chevy Chase
Just when we all thought Mr. Cornelius Chase was long gone from comedy, he has emerged on the scene as "Pierce" on the hilarious NBC comedy Community. Also, look for a fantastic cameo in Hot Tub Time Machine. It's weird seeing Fletch and Clark W. Griswold get old. Stick around Chevy!
-Fletch
-Vacation
-Caddyshack

71. Viggo Mortensen
Although 2009's The Road was probably the most disappointing film of the year, it wasn't his fault. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly went wrong with that film. Perhaps it shouldn't have been made into a movie in the first place.
-Eastern Promises
-The Road
-A History of Violence

70. Keanu Reeves
Keanu is so much more than Neo and Ted. I mean come on, you've got to love Chain Reaction and Speed.
-The Matrix
-A Scanner Darkly
-Chain Reaction

69. Kevin Spacey
His Lester Burnham character is a riot in American Beauty. Recently he did the voice of a robot named GERTY in the fantastic Sci-Fi thriller, Moon.
-American Beauty
-Se7en
-Shrink

68. Chris Cooper
Cooper is one of the best supporting actors alive. He's so intense and often darkly humorous. He won an Oscar for his brilliant performance in Adaptation.
-American Beauty
-Adaptation.
-Breach

67. Jack Black
A few years ago Jack would've been higher, but since 2006 his roles have been missing something (Tropic Thunder, Year One). I miss J.D. McNugent.
-Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
-Orange County
-The School of Rock

66. John Cusack
Not to be confused with his brother, Joan Cusack (I had to...). He was an extremely popular young actor back in the 80's. But the 90's were hard on John, and it took him about ten years to get his swagger back. Did he ever in Being John Malkovich. The success of 2012 and Hot Tub should only boost his confidence.
-Being John Malkovich
-Hot Tub Time Machine
-Identity

65. Shia LaBeouf
It seems like it was just yesterday when I was watching Even Stevens and I would say to myself, "Hey, this kid is fantastic! Why isn't he in movies?" Well, it didn't take long. In 2003 he finally had a chance to strut his stuff in Holes. Boy, did he deliver. He's got a lot of great years ahead of him.
-Holes
-Eagle Eye
-Disturbia

64. Michael Douglas
Michael Douglas has finally returned to form in 2010 with Solitary Man and the Wall Street sequel. He sort of disappeared after his fantastic role in 2000's Traffic.
-Wall Street
-Basic Instinct
-Traffic

63. Don Cheadle
Donald was tremendous in Crash and has a wonderful array of films he's appeared in over the years.
-Crash
-Boogie Nights
-Hotel Rwanda

62. Michael Shannon
Truly one of the best actors out there. His Oscar-nominated role in Revolutionary Road delivers chills.
-Revolutionary Road
-The Runaways
-My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done

61. Ryan Gosling
Screw The Notebook. Honestly, I can watch a "chick flick" any day of the week, but that movie sucks. Don't let your girlfriends warp your mind into believing you like that film. All that said, Gosling is an incredible actor. Please check out the film Stay.
-Half Nelson
-Stay
-Lars and the Real Girl

Comments

  1. Is there a process you are doing or reason why you are picking the 3 movies listed under each actor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shortly explained on my first post, previous to this one. Actors must be alive and still working. I'm ranking each actors three best performances (NOT films). What I basically did (thanks to Netflix) was take all the films I've seen, and write down the actors I enjoy the most. I then picked out 100 of my favorite. I then separated them into top 50/bottom 50. Then I ranked them 100-51 and 50-1. I then went through each actors resume and picked out my 3 favorite performances. I then double checked the entire 100 actors and rearranged them. And this is what I got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, gotcha. My bad for not reading first...I just got caught up in the list right away. Be interesting to see who #1 is. Some very solid solid actors who have been listed already...curiosity is thriving in my body!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem Jordon. You're very insightful and faithful to my Blog. Your post persuaded me to improve the list. Hopefully it's much better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top 25 Films of the 1990's

Top Horror Films

Top 100 Actors