Top 30 TV Shows of All Time

10. The X-Files ('93-'02)
Mulder and Scully were my heroes in the 90's. Every single episode is either enjoyable, creepy, scary, funny, weird or fresh. The first X-Files film was awesome of course, but the second one was actually quite bad. We shall see if a third film gets made, but I think they should leave it at that. David Duchovny (The Joneses, Evolution) is always a treat to watch on screen.

9. Big Brother ('00-Present)
I may be in the minority amongst my peers, but A LOT of people watch this show. It's good old fashioned summer fun. Three episodes a week? You can't beat that! It doesn't try to be something it's not like Survivor does. It's sheer raw emotion. There's always a small group of people who you can root for, as well as some people you absolutely despise. It's amazing to see just how crazy people can be. I'm talking seemingly normal people, not crazies from Jersey Shore or Real Housewives and all that crap.

8. Reno 911! ('03-'09)
There's never a dull moment in Reno. This group of actors/comedians has been together since they were young kids on MTV's The State. They lost some people for their last season, which is the main reason it got cancelled. But whenever an episode of Reno is on, I tune in. Thomas Lennon was made for this role.

7. Chappelle's Show ('03-'04, '06)
It's a shame Dave had to go bonkers during the filming of season three. He has yet to reappear on screen. But that doesn't take away what he created. His show was the thing to talk about back in 2004. I still don't think we've seen the last of Dave Chappelle.

6. South Park ('97-Present)
If I was basing my opinion pearly on season's six through ten, then South Park might be #1. But, unfortunately for them, I'm not. It's just not what it used to be. The first three seasons aren't very funny, but in season five they were definitely onto something. As long as Trey Parker and Matt Stone are making episodes, I will be tuning in.

5. Family Guy ('99-'03, '05-Present)
There was a time when Family Guy was my favorite show on television, but those days are over. There's only so much you can make fun of. It's gotten preachy and they've taken the randomness out of the show. Maybe it was the South Park episode that did it. Take out the politics and bring back the shtick!

4. The Office ('05-Present)
It took me many years to get on board. I knew everyone loved it, but I didn't want to start with season three or four and be confused. So I played the waiting game; and it paid off. The always fantastic Netflix released all six seasons for instant viewing, and I have since watched every episode twice. Whenever an old episode is on TV I often tune in. And of course, every Thursday at 8pm I get my popcorn ready. Dwight Schrute is one of the most interesting and hilarious characters ever.

3. Seinfeld ('90-'98)
It's shocking that these four hilarious people have somewhat disappeared after the final episode. I still watch episodes of Seinfeld daily, on TBS. I know a ton of scenes word for word. It was hard not to put this groundbreaking show first on this list. Where in the world has Jerry Seinfeld gone?

2. Rescue Me ('04-'07, '09-Present)
This is, without a doubt, the best show you aren't watching. Denis Leary's Tommy Gavin is easily the most enticing character on TV today. I simply don't understand how anyone couldn't enjoy this show. FX is possibly the best network on television today.

1. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia ('05-Present)
And the winner is...It's Always Sunny! To be honest, I wasn't sure which show I was going to put at #1 going in. I settled on this show, and I couldn't think of a reason for it not to be #1. Every single episode is hilarious, true story. My friggin' DISH doesn't get FX, so I've missed season six. It was a long Fall, to say the least. Please don't tell me you don't watch this show. Don't be that guy! Once again, let me know your favorite shows. I know everyone has their own taste and I'm a "weirdo" for liking some of these shows, but don't be shy and let me know how much I suck. Below is a list of films I had a hard time keeping off this list. There were over a hundred shows I took into consideration. To narrow it to 30 was a tiny bit difficult.

HONORABLE MENTIONS (Shows that narrowly missed the list):
Batman: The Animated Series, Children's Hospital, Goosebumps, Parks and Recreation, Saved by the Bell, Scare Tactics, SportsCenter, The King of Queens, The Price Is Right, The Simpsons.

Rescue Me

Reno 911!

Comments

  1. I was just thinking of Batman: The Annimated Series today. I think we use to watch that together, lol. I agree with almost all your choices. I'm presently loving The Office, Community and It's Always Sunny. Some of my additional past favorites would have to be Alias, Pushing Daisies, Veronica Mars and Lost.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Horror Films

Now on DVD

Top 25 Films of the 1990's