Biggest Disappointments of 2010

Now, this is quite different from my overrated post from a few days ago. Regardless of how these films were reviewed by critics, I (emphasis on the I) was disappointed by these ten films. The majority of these films had either good casts or good directors, but didn't pan out. Three of the films I mildly enjoyed, but the rest I basically hated. If you haven't seen these movies then I suggest you keep your distance.

10. Robin Hood (C)
I wasn't expecting this to be epic, but I think we all expected more from Ridley Scott (Gladiator, American Gangster) and Russell Crowe (A Beautiful Mind, The Insider). While it isn't terrible, it's just so mediocre and so different (in a bad way) then any other Robin Hood tale.

9. A Nightmare on Elm Street (D+)
I knew this wasn't going to be one of the better films of 2010, but the original had so much to improve on. Unfortunately, it's basically a rip-off with slightly better graphics but less thrills. Jackie Earle Haley (Watchmen, Shutter Island) wasn't the right choice for Freddy.

8. Jonah Hex (D)
What in the world did I just watch? This film is horrendous. I figured James Brolin (No Country for Old Men, W.) would make this a fun action film. Ah, nope.

7. Predators (D+)
I was psyched when the trailer was released. Sigh. This film is just as boring and ludicrous as the AVP films. Shame on you, Robert Rodriguez.

6. The Losers (C-)Two of my favorite critics suggested this film, so I was excited to see it because of the interesting cast. Wow, what were they smoking while watching this? It's kind of like Shoot 'Em Up, but way, way worse.

5. Due Date (C+)
I laughed a number of times, but it was just so disappointing coming from Todd Phillips (The Hangover, Old School). Sometimes goofy, oblivious characters can be funny (like in The Hangover). But not when it's taken this seriously.

4. Green Zone (C)
This film had it's moments, but nothing really happened when it was all said and done. I expected more from Matt Damon (True Grit, The Bourne Ultimatum) and Paul Greengrass (The Bourne Supremacy, United 93). Some people really liked this film, but I think if you watch it again you might have a second opinion.

3. Dinner for Schmucks (C-)
Steve Carell and Paul Rudd should make a funny duo, but not when their characters are so pathetic. This is Jay Roach's (Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Meet the Parents) worst film.

2. Grown Ups (C-)
Director Dennis Dugan (Happy Gilmore, The Benchwarmers) and star Adam Sandler (Funny People, 50 First Dates) have never been more unfunny. Enough of the "family" comedies and more immature, raunchy, knee-slappers please!

1. Clash of the Titans (D+)I'm not alone here. Everyone was hyping Clash, especially after the huge success of Avatar. I wonder what the writer, director, producer and editor of the film thought after sitting through a screening. You'd have to think they felt embarrassed, worthless and possibly suicidal.

Clash of the Titans

The Losers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 100 Actors

Top 25 Films of the 1990's

Now on DVD